- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- Sift confectioners sugar, almond flour, and cinnamon together
- In stand mixer with a whisk attachment whisk egg whites until foamy
- Add brown sugar a little at a time while eggs are whisking
- Add honey to egg whites and whisk until stiff
- Sift almond flour mix over egg whites in 3 batches and fold each time
- Mix gently until the mixture flows like lava (video coming soon)
Be sure to let macarons rest until they are dry…. You will know they are dry when you touch the centers they are no longer tacky and and a skin has formed.Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes rotating half way through.
When it comes to filing my s’more macarons I filled the tops with chocolate ganache and the bottoms with toasted basic swiss meringue. I piped the meringue using a star tip so when it’s toasted it has plenty of texture.
The Sugar Peddler