I know I can grab a can of Libbys pumpkin (which I did) and read the recipe for pumpkin pie on the back, but here has to be another extra special recipe out there. I fear if I tell you where I got it from you might ran after me with pitch forks. But let’s be honest some people are just a go to for great southern flavor.
- 15 oz of Pumpkin I say go for it and grab a small pumpkin from your local farmers market. Gut it for the filling, roast the shells for a snack or to make pumpkin macarons, decorate it for Fall. How’s that for sustainability!
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 oz unsalted butter (room temperature)
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and brown sugar until nice and smooth
- Scrape down the sides and add in the pumpkin. Blend until smooth scrapping down the sides as you go.
- Add the vanilla, maple syrup and spice
If the filling seems a little lose you can refrigerator it for about 20 minutes before using it to fill your pumpkin macarons.
The Sugar Peddler
Shop Sweet Olivia Rose on Etsy