I wish there was a way to write gluten free recipes without using the word gluten free. Mainly to let those who aren’t gluten free know that this bread is so good you won’t care that it is absent of wheat. Most people hear the words gluten free and instantly think of gritty food. When you use Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour mix it adds tenderness to your baked goods. I don’t know if it is the milk powder or the xanthum gum, whatever it is this is my go to product for my month of March Wheat Free Baking!
1 Tbsp instant yeast
1 ½ cups of water (heated between 110˚ F – 115˚F)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
3 ½ cups of Cup 4 Cup Pizza Flour
1 Tbsp of chopped rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
TT Flake Sea Salt
- Prepare a jelly roll pan by spreading olive oil on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add yeast to heated water and mix until dissolved let sit for 5 minutes until it proofs (bubbles and smells like beer). To ensure your yeast is activated you want to heat your water to at least 110˚ F and no hotter than 115˚F. At 115˚F your liquid will kill your yeast.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and add olive oil.
- Spread the dough to cover the jelly roll pan and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise for about an hour until it becomes puffed up.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Use your hands to add dimples to the dough and lightly brush with olive oil
- Mince the rosemary and garlic together and sprinkle over the dough.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the rosemary and garlic.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I love this bread for dipping in my marinara sauce or cutting into croutons for my Caesar salad. Let me know what you like to eat it with.
Sweet Bread regards,
The Sugar Peddler